Friday, June 17, 2011

life with a 1 year old!! Sickness and summertime!

So much has been going on and I haven't updated in so long! Life is crazy chasing a 1 year old! Let me tell you!! She is talking so sooo much! Saying word after word and putting them all together now! Hard to believe that she says so much and is only 16months! She has one proud, proud mommy and daddy! That is for sure!! She say 'sexy' all the time and daddy doesn't think that is very age appropriate! I can't agrue but still find it hard not to laugh!

For some reason our sweet little bunny always gets sick! We have most deff. had our fair share of it all! About a month ago we had one very,very sick little girl! Her temp. got up to 104.4 with alternating tylenol and ibuprofen every 4 hours! Dispite all of our efforts we couldn't get it down. She had to go to the dr 3 days in a row and a ton of tests ran! When I tell you, you really aren't going to believe what was wrong with our sweet girl! Come to find out she had gotten double pneumonia that turned into bronchitis that then caused a sinus infection and a double ear infection! Then to top it off she had a urinary tract infection that was seperate! It was so scary as a parent for you child to be so sick and not be able to fix what was causing it all, and when we found out it was so, soo scary because there were so many things wrong! They gave her a shot of rocephine in her leg. Which, made it swell twice the size of the other one! They say those shots are so painful for days and burn really bad! I don't know if it was because of this, or not walking for so long because all she did was lay there and stare at the carpet for a week, or the ear infections throwing off her balance but something was causing her to not be able to walk. This went on for about 5 days! She gradually got the hang of it again, but she once was running and she has just recently started running really good again!  It took about 2 weeks to get her better from that but just in time for her to catch the flu pretty bad! Poor baby, but it did give us lots of time for cuddles and snuggles!




I had an amazing Mother's Day! Daddy and Londyn went shopping together and they took me out for dinner. There was no cooking all weekend! That is a great treat! That day always gets me thinking! I am so thankful to get to be a mommy, but I am more thankful that I get the chance to be her mommy! Being a mother is a full time, hardworking job, but it is the upmost rewarding thing you can do as a person! I love it! I am so lucky to get to live this life! God has treated me so well and given me so many wonderful gifts! 

Our little baby isn't much of a baby anymore! We had to come to terms with that now that she isn't in her 'baby bed' now she has a 'big girl bed'. She has done so great with the transition! I am so proud of her! Daddy second guessed it before we put her in it, because we though that she was going to want to get up and play. She doesn't though! She will lay right there and go to sleep! Her bed is a lot higher then I thought it was going to be, so I have to admit I second guessed it also. She has rolled out of it but at first I slept on the floor next to her so that if she did  she wouldn't be scared! Which she did roll out the first 2 days...right on her head but, she didn't get hurt or cry! She actually slept the first couple weeks until 11am or 12! Goodness! I think she must approve to!



In the summertime we spend so much time out side, at the river or lake, or playing in the water! There is so many pictures I want to share! But I will try to not go to crazy!
 They love each other so much!
 We let her go puddle jumping!

She loved it!
She LOVES 'shishies'
 Had to get a hold of it!

 Ah the many faces of a 1 year old! But she still always looks so beautiful!


She really likes the river a lot also! Anywhere she can play in the water!
Her and her Gibby are such great buddies!


Can't have a weenie roast without a smore! Yummy! (...she approved!)

We are beginning to be introduced to the good ol potty! What an adventure! I feel like I have it so easy with her though! She started pottying in it before her 1st birthday just before we put her in the bath! Great! But, now we are doing it a lot more often! She is doing so amazing with it! We couldn't be anymore proud! She will tinkle and as soon as she does she waves and says 'bye-bye potty! bye-bye potty'! So cute! We dump it in the big potty and tell her to say bye-bye. Over she is doing wonderful! She loves to run around the house in her 'big girl panties'! Maybe that will help in the whole process also!

I will make a post in the next few days about our trip to Joplin after the tornado to visit one of my best friends and her 2 little girls that lost everything! As I have a ton of pictures that just don't do it justice I will share!

No comments:

Post a Comment